发表于: 2009-10-15 19:17 1520人阅读 13人回复 只看楼主 | 倒序阅读 | 精简版

本帖二维码

本帖帖号

hillbilly 离线

级别: 论坛版主

显示用户信息 

分享到搜狐微博 分享到网易微博 分享到豆瓣网 人人网一键分享 分享到QQ空间 新浪微博一键分享 分享到:
Friday, Oct. 16 8:20p.m.-10p.m.

The English corner at Mcdonald's will be still a go this Friday.
An American friend will join us. Hope to see you there.

2nd Floor, McDonald’s .和安麦当劳二楼

Fee: AA
主楼 2009-10-15 19:17
引用回复

级别: 刚到北海

显示用户信息 

我今天晚上去了 怎么没见人啊?是河岸二楼的麦当劳啊。。。。。。怎么回事呢?
沙发 2009-10-16 23:36
引用回复
vicke_young 离线

级别: 北海市民

显示用户信息 

我也去了,一个人都没有
2楼 2009-10-17 00:10
引用回复
心蕾 离线

显示用户信息 

就是呀 怎么回事呢 版主给个解释吧
3楼 2009-10-17 20:31
引用回复
hillbilly 离线

显示用户信息 

Sorry to hear that. When did you get there?The foreigner told me he would be there and I know Sam,William and some other friends were there last night.
4楼 2009-10-17 23:32
引用回复

显示用户信息 

"last night" then u meant they were there on 16th of October ? didnt you ? since you replied on 17th of October!
5楼 2009-10-18 16:08
引用回复

显示用户信息 

i am sure i got there at 9pm on 16th of October...
6楼 2009-10-18 16:09
引用回复
Sam1026 离线

级别: 北海新人

显示用户信息 

嘿,大家好,请问楼上几位你们是什么时候到那的呢?我是9点到的,正如BILLY说的,老外GUNTER和WILLY等人也过去了!希望大家多多参与哦!有时候不是每一个人都能那么准时的,多多谅解! Thanks for the concerning!
7楼 2009-10-18 19:43
引用回复

显示用户信息 

I have been there last friday.at 9:15. but nodody in there. i am disappointed and then i left.
8楼 2009-10-19 19:24
引用回复
hillbilly 离线

显示用户信息 

We would have a host or a hostess be there at 8pm every time we have the gathering( we often take turns to be the host) ,but now we would like to see whether it still works if we don’t have a host. The gathering begins at 8pm ,but very often, many friends get there after 8:30pm or later and some chat till 11:00pm.

It is not surprised at all that you find NOBODY if you don’t know any friends at the gathering and you don’t know where exact the gathering is. But it seems very strange to me that you guys found NOBODY there while Sam said he was there chatting with Gunter, a German friend, and some other friends.

By the way, to me, two or three friends are enough to make an English corner. Well,I am not saying that I don’t expect there to be over ten or twenty friends at the gathering every time , I mean I won’t be disappointed if I can still find one or two friends to chat in English with there. So once you think it is worth “a visit”, come and join us.
9楼 2009-10-19 20:14
引用回复

显示用户信息 

That was my first time to join the english corner and when i got there i didnt see any overseas friend as you had said in the message posted. Besides there were no people sitting together, talking in english but some young people eating hamburgers and some couples hanging out there...I am afraid that some new comer for the english corner would miss the chance if there is no host or hostess...since people who get there earlier may not speak in eglish until foreign friends arrive. Then how can we know the english corner has started?
10楼 2009-10-19 23:23
引用回复
hillbilly 离线

显示用户信息 

原帖由 believe4purple 于 2009-10-19 23:23 发表
That was my first time to join the english corner and when i got there i didnt see any overseas friend as you had said in the message posted. Besides there were no people sitting together, tal ...

Then I must say you were really "lucky" that you didn’t even see Gunter there. Gary told me he would be there that evening (but he might have left
when you got there.)or I wouldn't have mentioned that in the announcement.

This gathering is for those who are looking to improve their English or to make friends. To be frank, we didn't expect there to be any foreigners when we had the gathering. But in the past two months, two or three foreigners(sometimes four or five) often came to join us at the English corner, and this has made the gathering lively.

Recently, there are fewer friends to come due to H1N1. We were thinking of suspending’ the gathering for a while but some friends said we should keep the ball rolling. That’s why we still have it even if there are only two or three friends showing up.
11楼 2009-10-20 11:48
引用回复

显示用户信息 

ok I am not gonna argue with u about that if i was so LUCK enough ...I am not the only one who "missed our overseas friend" that evening. so i am here to advise that the people who make such gathering should be considerate enough.
12楼 2009-10-20 12:03
引用回复
hillbilly 离线

显示用户信息 

原帖由 believe4purple 于 2009-10-20 12:03 发表
ok I am not gonna argue with u about that if i was so LUCK enough ...I am not the only one who "missed our overseas friend" that evening. so i am here to advise that the people who make such gather ...

Thanks for your advice. Hope friends who come to the gathering will give us more tips on how to run the English corner better and get more involved.
13楼 2009-10-20 13:06
引用回复

描述
快速回复

[完成后可按 Ctrl+Enter 发布]恢复刚才写的帖子